The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life prepares Tufts students to become active citizens and community leaders. As the only university-wide college of its kind, its mission is to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building, public service experiences, and transformational learning. It conducts groundbreaking research on young people’s civic and political participation, and forges innovative community partnerships. Tisch College is a national leader in civic education, whose model and research are setting the standard for higher education’s role in civic engagement.
Tisch College of Civic Life is looking for a responsible, organized person to serve as a part- time Recruiter for national service opportunities in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). The Recruiter will primarily focus on AmeriCorps VISTA, which is a program dedicated toward the elimination poverty by recruiting VISTA members who, through their service, strengthen organizations that lead people out of poverty.
The Recruiter will create and enact a comprehensive work plan that presents VISTA service opportunities to students at Tufts University.
- Distribute AmeriCorps VISTA materials to individuals, groups, associations, and faculty
- Provide class talks and presentations with a focus on diverse groups of Tufts stakeholders
- Complete application workshops for Tufts students and community members to provide information on how to apply to various AmeriCorps programs, including VISTA
- Staff recruitment tables at high traffic areas on campus
- Hold relationship building meetings on campus with student groups, staff, and faculty
- Generate application leads, and keep track of contact information
- Create reports and maintain records for CNCS databases
- Have enthusiasm and a friendly, helpful manner
- Demonstrate excitement for national service opportunities!
- Familiarity with or interest in national service
Compensation and Timeline:
- $17.75 per hour
19 hours per week January to early May (2020 spring, academic year)
40 hours per week mid-May (2020 summer)
19 hours per week August to December (2020 fall, academic year)
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Sherri Sklarwitz (email@example.com) by December 20th. Please include the job title (VISTA Campus Recruiter) in the subject line.